Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R56 Akrapovic DP & Exhaust
28-11-2018, 10:48 AM
R56 Akrapovic DP & Exhaust
This is a bit of "heads up", I enquired about an Akrapovic downpipe from the guys listed as the local agents for Akrapovic in South Africa. To my surprise, not only were they able to help me but they actually had a downpipe and full R56 Evolution system in stock and available "to clear".

Unfortunately as I'm in an R55, I could only take the downpipe but the price of R8625 including delivery to Durban is about 25% less than what guys are paying for the DP overseas and I received it the very next day, no import hassles or any of that.

So for anyone looking to purchase the R56 exhaust, they are selling it at R22k... for comparison Lohen in the UK have the same system at 1554gbp, which is over R27k (before duty, shipping etc).

I thought I'd spread the word as it's a cracking deal, but I think there is only the one in stock locally. The guy to talk to is Mark at langstonracing.co.za. PM for cell number and direct email (leaving it out the post only for spam reasons).

Regarding the Downpipe, I installed it on Friday and very happy. Quality is top and the installation process was reasonably straight forward. Biggest benefit of the system has to be the noise, not really that much louder but brilliant tone and lots of pops and burble. I fancy it makes a little bit of power, but not drastic. Next up is intercooler and software for some real gains.
Cartel

2011 Mini Cooper S Clubman JCW
2002 BMW M Coupe ACS
1969 Austin Mini Countryman MkII
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content