Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Future of RSA
15-11-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Future of RSA
(15-11-2018 09:47 AM)kilotango Wrote:  
(15-11-2018 07:35 AM)MikeR Wrote:  omg waiting this is the type of problem we need to curb now .... https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/...n-20181114

This country is digging a hole deeper than it can get out of.

And Every parastal entity is running at losses far great than it can correct by taxing the Tax payer more.
dunno anymore

Mike, im sure you'll recall what happened with AirZim, ZESA, Telone and ZINWA in Zim... this is all so familiar, that its actually quite scary
Thumbdown I do sir - but we did not see it clearly until it was too late - at least here with social media one can see it before it stabs you in the back.

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2018, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2018 07:12 PM by Veteran.)
(15-11-2018 10:11 AM)WIDEOPN-X3 Wrote:  Yes folks but the reason for the debt? Aside from the mismanagement and corruption it is the notion that everything is free.... That it is "my right"

And in other news.....
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/10-per...rs-2018-11

And there are those that wonder why there's ongoing tension??

I'm looking into canceling everything I have with Discovery if this is the way they want to discriminate against me purely because of the color of my skin rage
I have been slowly but surely cancelling My Discovery policies. Tired of jumping through hoops like a friggin show dog to get a status, points etc.
Screw them. I agree.

(15-11-2018 02:20 PM)MikeR Wrote:  
(15-11-2018 09:47 AM)kilotango Wrote:  
(15-11-2018 07:35 AM)MikeR Wrote:  omg waiting this is the type of problem we need to curb now .... https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/...n-20181114

This country is digging a hole deeper than it can get out of.

And Every parastal entity is running at losses far great than it can correct by taxing the Tax payer more.
dunno anymore

Mike, im sure you'll recall what happened with AirZim, ZESA, Telone and ZINWA in Zim... this is all so familiar, that its actually quite scary
Thumbdown I do sir - but we did not see it clearly until it was too late - at least here with social media one can see it before it stabs you in the back.
Fwiw, even the best help can save some of the SOE . Too far gone.
You’d have to fire most of the employees and start afresh.
Problem is there are too few capable people who can pick up the pieces.

I’m sure the blame will be placed on someone else. As usual haha.
05-12-2018, 02:47 PM
well guys, i just read this... not sure how true, but if it is....its bad.

i did say earlier that this was a thing that was going to happen dunno anymore :

"The National Assembly has adopted the constitutional review committee’s report recommending a constitutional amendment to expropriate land without compensation.

209 MPs voted in favour of the report, with 91 voting against it and no abstentions.

This means that parliament can start a process of amending the constitution, and ANC chief whip Jackson Mthembu indicated immediately after the results were announced that he would bring a motion to this effect on Thursday."
05-12-2018, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2018 09:08 PM by Veteran.)
Just had a friend from USA visit for a few days. He is a ex South African that left 10 years ago. He has done well and very thankful he did the move

He said what shocked him the most is the cost of living in RSA.
He couldn’t believe the prices we pay compared to the USA.
Also as he mentioned, the salaries are higher in USA, thus a much much higher standard of living.

I quite fancy the mustang. To which he commented it’s a poor hillbilly car there.
Apparently 32K USD gets you a new v8. 900K rand here (that’s double the US price)
WTF. Do ford sell the mustang with Vaseline here ?

Systems work, and corruption is taboo. You make nonsense at work and it’s immediate dismissal.
There’s a reason they do so well and are first world.

He was actually quite sad at how badly RSA has been completely stuffed up .

Such is life !
06-12-2018, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018 01:27 AM by Crash_Nemesis.)
(05-12-2018 09:06 PM)Veteran Wrote:  Just had a friend from USA visit for a few days. He is a ex South African that left 10 years ago. He has done well and very thankful he did the move

He said what shocked him the most is the cost of living in RSA.
He couldn’t believe the prices we pay compared to the USA.
Also as he mentioned, the salaries are higher in USA, thus a much much higher standard of living.

I quite fancy the mustang. To which he commented it’s a poor hillbilly car there.
Apparently 32K USD gets you a new v8. 900K rand here (that’s double the US price)
WTF. Do ford sell the mustang with Vaseline here ?

Systems work, and corruption is taboo. You make nonsense at work and it’s immediate dismissal.
There’s a reason they do so well and are first world.

He was actually quite sad at how badly RSA has been completely stuffed up .

Such is life !

Hence why I am in the process of leaving. Got my work visa and have been in Los Angeles for 8 months of this year already. Just got back to South Africa a few weeks ago to spend Christmas with my family and seeing this eskom deal has already got me wishing I was back in the USA. It is so sad, because we have such a beautiful country guys. Having lived in the USA for the past 8 months, I can tell you right now, we have it good in many respects. The food quality and restaurants are above and beyond what you get in the USA. For one to receive the food quality we have here in South Africa, one would need to go to Beverly hills and pay something ridiculous. Our food is also much cheaper in comparison. You're looking at $12 for a cheese burger, no fries. If you want fries, then it'll cost you another $4. Something to drink? Add $4 for a cappuccino. Then add sales tax as well as the 20% tip you have to pay and you are suddenly at $20 for a single cheeseburger and coffee. R300 gone. Often I have seen these wealthy types sitting at their fancy restaurants on Rodeo drive, paying top dollar for meals at the kind of restaurant we have on almost every major street corner, that is so easily accessible and affordable to the middle class.

You cannot buy a house in the USA. It is just not possible in Los Angeles. Everyone rents. You can't even get an old shitty house near Venice beach for less than $2 million. That's R28 million rand. So as much as we think leaving is better, it is not always greener on the other side. Sure standards of living are better. I can freely walk around the streets. Public transport works and people are polite and courteous. Public service is helpful and a joy to interact with. It is safe. I often would walk to a nearby cafe at 1am and see a lone woman walking her dog listening to music... at 1am!!!! just walking the streets. That blew my mind.

So yeah. It's a tough one and so sad to see such an amazing country that we have being brought down by those in power.

Sorry for the long post.

[Image: 82997a30-5f89-4320-9bd6-48129c20caca_zpsjwa7xhqm.jpg]

CP forged pistons 87.5mm, HPF Crower titanium forged rods, ARP L19 head studs and rod bolts. Vac Motorsports oil pump internals. Vac Motorsports inconol racing valves. Vac Motorsports coated Main end and rod bearings.
Vorsteiner Custom 19” Forged Rims. Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers. Turner Motorsports Camber plates. Swaybarbarian upgraded Swarbars with endlinks front and back. Stoptech ST40 big brake kit. 3.91 diff. UUC short shift kit with DSSR. Umnitza Orion Predator LED Angel eyes. GTR Hood. CSL bumper. AC Schnitzer Carbon Fibre Mirrors. AC Schnitzer Front Brace

Current: Vac Motorsports BMW e46 M3 - BEL
ex 99' Supercharged BMW e46 323i - Wolf
ex 93' BMW e36 316i - Detox
The following 4 users Like Crash_Nemesis's post:
GoCart, MR_Y, SylisM, yush1

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content