Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Radio rebooting automatically (iDrive actually) on F30
10-08-2018, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018 02:41 PM by lebofa.)
RE: Radio rebooting automatically (iDrive actually) on F30
(10-08-2018 12:04 PM)S1NGH 911 Wrote:  
(10-08-2018 11:28 AM)lebofa Wrote:  mine finally gave in tooBlueCry
Boots every 2 min or so, BMW screen and seems to be stuck there. Took the head unit to combinned electronics in Kempton park. they said they will try to fix it but I should get too excited because some can't be fixed. They showed me many headunits that are faulty in their workshop, was shocked to see that there is many new bmws out there with this problem. I wonder what is the real cause because mine just died while on a call

Bmw used poor quality flash chips in these radios....

If Rohit cannot repair your radio, then your next option is to find one from a scrap yard, Bavarian Breakers in Wynberg have plenty of all the types for the F30 and sell them for R3K a unit.

You will then have to get Gert from Obd Worx to fit and code the radio for you, as it will need to be coded to your VIN.

I just looked at my Motor plan invoice now, the radio from bmw was R15K plus another R2K to fit and code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info bro, much appreciated

(10-08-2018 11:50 AM)RAArmstrong Wrote:  
(10-08-2018 11:28 AM)lebofa Wrote:  mine finally gave in tooBlueCry
Boots every 2 min or so, BMW screen and seems to be stuck there. Took the head unit to combinned electronics in Kempton park. they said they will try to fix it but I should get too excited because some can't be fixed. They showed me many headunits that are faulty in their workshop, was shocked to see that there is many new bmws out there with this problem. I wonder what is the real cause because mine just died while on a call

No MP?
Yep, No MP. Opted not to extend and took Hollard motor extendFencelook

Cartel
Current: 2014 F30 320d M sport with M performance power kit
Ex: 2011 C350 CDI
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Damn man!! Hope you come right.

.... still searching for the perfect replacement BlueCry
13-08-2018, 04:55 PM
(13-08-2018 11:10 AM)zabbo Wrote:  Damn man!! Hope you come right.
Thanks Bro, Happy to report that I came right and now all is working fine with a new software as bonus. Spent the whole weekend without radio, pdc, hands free fone. I was in the dark and to make matters wose, I hit a pothole on my way to Lesotho and damaged my rear tire. When replacing the tyre, was told the rim is buckled, and when they checked others, all were buckled BlueCry

With the radio not working and after seeing and been told my wheels are all buckled, Now I started hearing funny road noises that I didn't hear before. Not sure if my mind was playing games with medunno anymore

On the possitive side, smile bounce, I saved around R10k on the radio, Thanks to this forum, the info shared here is really useful Ty

Cartel
Current: 2014 F30 320d M sport with M performance power kit
Ex: 2011 C350 CDI
13-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Radio rebooting automatically (iDrive actually) on F30
Glad that you sorted, sorry about the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: image.jpg]
26-11-2018, 01:28 PM
So the head unit on my car was replaced in July and last night it starts acting up again.

Started the car and it was stuck on the bmw sign, drove home, switched the car off and let it sleep. 20 minutes later all seems to be fine, however I have left the car at the dealer as a brand new radio should no do this. I don't want the radio dying on me during the December break BlueCry

[Image: image.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content