Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Project E46 325i Touring
05-04-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Project E46 325i Touring
(04-04-2018 08:35 PM)Karthik Wrote:  Just checked colour code is FQ95-4472/BASF/1

So same code, not sure what the last part means, if you do paint your car, I have a scratch I'll like touch up lol :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lol... No worries bru.. Def going with this color. will send some of the sample your way to touch up you car.. Thumbs

Mixing Saturday.. will take images of it..

Thanks Bud
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2018, 08:23 AM
That is a flip paint, correct? They very hard to spray correctly so don't have a cheap panel shop do it for you, rather get a professional to spray the car. Else find a base colour that is easy to paint match.
Since the car is silver I would suggest a different shade other than Titan. Maybe something with more metallic in it or CSL grey is also nice and you wont have to change the colour on the registration documents.
09-04-2018, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 02:15 PM by evnmopwr.)
(08-04-2018 08:23 AM)eearle Wrote:  That is a flip paint, correct? They very hard to spray correctly so don't have a cheap panel shop do it for you, rather get a professional to spray the car. Else find a base colour that is easy to paint match.
Since the car is silver I would suggest a different shade other than Titan. Maybe something with more metallic in it or CSL grey is also nice and you wont have to change the colour on the registration documents.

It is a Flip paint yes.
The trick is to lay the paint down in the same direction on all panels. That way at certain angles, the paint flips the same way.

This is a DIY project, so everything will be done by myself. ( At best )
I sprayed some VW's of mine before so the learning part and mistakes are done.. ( I HOPE ).. lol
but at least if i mess up the job myself, i wont have to nag people to correct.

Reg docs im not too worried about, I have someone that can sort that out for me Rather quickly...

Pics of the car with front motorsport springs in

[Image: er0wtv.jpg]

Big Brakes Front installed
[Image: 2z7ifk5.jpg]

Got a set of CREE LED H7's to try out...

had no way of mounting them to the headlight
[Image: 2uot2pw.jpg]

Cut up old set of bulb holders i had laying around and fitted the LED to it ( Need to neaten up the cut and make it fit better )
[Image: 2mnqd6v.jpg]

Compared to the hella's
[Image: 23ssozm.jpg]

Installed PLUS Spots
[Image: 24o37lj.jpg]

Adjusted the Headlights again as i do not want to blind people on the road
used 1 of the DIY methods on youtube. driver side 2 inchs lower than passenger side...

Also got the alignment done at TWT.
After consultation, 2 ball joints on control arm is worn. Sad... Little bit of play in it.

Called up Mr Ball Joint in edgmead, he is charging R550 a side. he has good references from E46 owners i know. Beats spending R1300 per Control arm

Feedback in the week
The following 2 users Like evnmopwr's post:
danieltau, Tinuva
09-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Project E46 325i Touring
Awesome stuff man

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

User(s) browsing this thread: