Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average
Diagnostics with Rheingold ISTA-D
19-05-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Diagnostics with Rheingold ISTA-D
Hugo, are you able to share links to download? Also are u using a vm for compatibility or because you using the MS Surface as your interface?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2019, 09:13 PM
(19-05-2019 04:31 PM)boost3d Wrote:  Hugo, are you able to share links to download? Also are u using a vm for compatibility or because you using the MS Surface as your interface?

Can't share a link, no, because we lost our gigabit fiber when we moved to the farm. 220gb upload on a vdsl line would take weeks lol.

I run it in VM because of the portability. It's a mare to set up and the full data files took the better part of a day to copy. So VM is the best choice because the many thousands of files are neatly packaged in a single vmdk. Easy peasy.

::Current::
F12 650i Vert

Black Sapphire Metallic | Dakota Black Sport Seats | EDC | Dynamic Drive | Adaptive Drive | Soft Close Doors | HUD | Surround View
06-06-2019, 09:02 PM
I want to try and code the start stop function on my 2016 330d to remember the last selection. I am trying to use E-Sys but when I read the CAFD file I get an error
CAFD_00000794_018_070_003 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000794-018_070_003" not found! [C012]

So it will not allow me to edit fdl data

Advice I got is that I need the latest PSdZData due to the fact that my car had an software update last week at the dealers.

Any advice where I can get the latest files. I hope it will solve the problem

E46 2003 325i Sold
E90 LCI 2009 325i Trade in
F30 2013 320d upgraded
F30 2016 330d current
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2019, 10:40 AM
(19-05-2019 09:13 PM)Hugo_za Wrote:  
(19-05-2019 04:31 PM)boost3d Wrote:  Hugo, are you able to share links to download? Also are u using a vm for compatibility or because you using the MS Surface as your interface?

Can't share a link, no, because we lost our gigabit fiber when we moved to the farm. 220gb upload on a vdsl line would take weeks lol.

I run it in VM because of the portability. It's a mare to set up and the full data files took the better part of a day to copy. So VM is the best choice because the many thousands of files are neatly packaged in a single vmdk. Easy peasy.

Hi, I would love to get myself a copy of that if possible?
07-06-2019, 12:11 PM
(07-06-2019 10:40 AM)billionairebum Wrote:  
(19-05-2019 09:13 PM)Hugo_za Wrote:  

Hi, I would love to get myself a copy of that if possible?

I sent him a PM and never go an answer to get it.

In garage
01 BMW E46 330i 5-speed manual
95 Nissan 1400 bakkie
03 BMW E46 318i N42 Manual Sold
12-06-2019, 10:39 AM
(02-01-2015 06:10 PM)Hugo_za Wrote:  So I downloaded the Rheingold ISTA-D native installer.

Those of you who know something about OBD cables and fault code reading will know that generally we rely on Ediabas and INPA to read and clear fault codes etc. ISIS, SSS, Progman, ISTA-P and ISTA-D have always required virtual machines to run since they require either linux, unix or embedded OS'. Now we have Rheingold, which is a native version of ISTA-D (diagnosis) which you install on Windows. It uses Ediabas to communicate, and can use the OBD cable to do so :-)

I did a test run with it today, and boy, it makes INPA look messy and complicated. For instance, when you do the vehicle test it shows you a diagram of all the control units, and those with errors are marked in yellow. You can then read the codes, preform tests, etc. There are also test plans that get calculated, for instance to re-learn the VVT settings, and if the correct conditions are not met then the test does not continue. I did some general adaption and relearning on the DME and EGS today, and my car feels much nippier!

In short, its awesome! It is a hefty download, and takes allot of HD space, but it is well worth it. Setup is much simpler than INPA and the like.

If you have any question please feel free to ask. I will help where I can :-)

This is a screenshot of Rheingold running in a Windows XP VM on my Macbook Pro Retina 15".
[Image: rheingold_9355111168.jpg]

Hey Hugo, thanks for update. Now nevermind my future struggles with Rheingold ISTA... I am having a mental breakdown with my INPA Ediabas intsallation and operation itself. I bought the cable (comes with CD on ebay) chinese I think and installation works perfect up untill i try a simple fault read on any of available modules and it gives me a Apiresulttext error #95. I have narrowed it down (possibly) to scriptfiles being missing or SGBD files of some sort. I'm trying this on my e90 335 2010, and 2002 320d, and no joy.

If there is anyone that can help me with this I would be forever greatfull.

Thanks Hammerhead
12-06-2019, 10:57 AM
I think a working VM is best as it will establish consistency. If anyone comes across one please do share it.
12-06-2019, 11:06 AM
you can use ISTA-D on a normal machine or working VM.

I have mine on a working machine of Windows 10 64 bit. Version i have is 4.11
12-06-2019, 11:10 AM
(12-06-2019 10:39 AM)90Skid01$ Wrote:  Hey Hugo, thanks for update. Now nevermind my future struggles with Rheingold ISTA... I am having a mental breakdown with my INPA Ediabas intsallation and operation itself. I bought the cable (comes with CD on ebay) chinese I think and installation works perfect up untill i try a simple fault read on any of available modules and it gives me a Apiresulttext error #95. I have narrowed it down (possibly) to scriptfiles being missing or SGBD files of some sort. I'm trying this on my e90 335 2010, and 2002 320d, and no joy.

Thanks Hammerhead

Are you using a laptop with windows XP?, I recently installed INPA using the supplied CD, I found that I had to take my machine offline, and disable all security measures ...also found that there were 2 OCR files missing from the setup (well the registry didnt have them...so I had to download this and add it to the installation folder)

Worked perfectly after that...however, i didnt perform "step 3" which includes the update for new chassis ...Im using INPA for the e46 only at the moment Thumbs

[Image: webp.net-compress-image (3)_4062250708.jpg]
12-06-2019, 01:05 PM
(12-06-2019 11:10 AM)Riaad Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 10:39 AM)90Skid01$ Wrote:  Hey Hugo, thanks for update. Now nevermind my future struggles with Rheingold ISTA... I am having a mental breakdown with my INPA Ediabas intsallation and operation itself. I bought the cable (comes with CD on ebay) chinese I think and installation works perfect up untill i try a simple fault read on any of available modules and it gives me a Apiresulttext error #95. I have narrowed it down (possibly) to scriptfiles being missing or SGBD files of some sort. I'm trying this on my e90 335 2010, and 2002 320d, and no joy.

Thanks Hammerhead

Are you using a laptop with windows XP?, I recently installed INPA using the supplied CD, I found that I had to take my machine offline, and disable all security measures ...also found that there were 2 OCR files missing from the setup (well the registry didnt have them...so I had to download this and add it to the installation folder)

Worked perfectly after that...however, i didnt perform "step 3" which includes the update for new chassis ...Im using INPA for the e46 only at the moment Thumbs

Hey Riaad, nope using windows 10 on Laptop 1 and Xp on 11" notebook. Same errors on both. Yes i know aboutskipping step 3 if you not going to use it on newer chassis, but unfortunatelly i need to. Im using BT in the meantime on e90, but would like to get INPA up and going mainly for the injector coding, BT do not give me that function(i think). Where did you download OCR's or do you have a link so i can widen my search for SGBD files.

Thanks bud
12-06-2019, 01:59 PM
(12-06-2019 01:05 PM)90Skid01$ Wrote:  

Thanks Hammerhead

Hey Riaad, nope using windows 10 on Laptop 1 and Xp on 11" notebook. Same errors on both. Yes i know aboutskipping step 3 if you not going to use it on newer chassis, but unfortunatelly i need to. Im using BT in the meantime on e90, but would like to get INPA up and going mainly for the injector coding, BT do not give me that function(i think). Where did you download OCR's or do you have a link so i can widen my search for SGBD files.

Thanks bud

Are you following any Youtube tutorials?

I had warning msgs indicating the specific OCR files that were missing (in step 1, application still installed...but I assumed this error would cause issues later on...so restarted till everything matched a youtube video I was using at the time).

I Googled the OCR files and downloaded them from the first linkThumbs

Hope this helpsThumbs

12-06-2019, 03:46 PM
(12-06-2019 01:59 PM)Riaad Wrote:  

Thanks Hammerhead

Thanks bud

I had warning msgs indicating the specific OCR files that were missing (in step 1, application still installed...but I assumed this error would cause issues later on...so restarted till everything matched a youtube video I was using at the time).

Hope this helpsThumbs

Will give it a shot thanksBravo
12-06-2019, 05:17 PM
(12-06-2019 03:46 PM)90Skid01$ Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 01:59 PM)Riaad Wrote:  

Thanks Hammerhead

Thanks bud

Hope this helpsThumbs

Will give it a shot thanksBravo

If you using the above video...make sure all the pop windows on your pc matches the stuff in the video...and you shouldnt have any issues (well atleast for up to step 2 of the process)

Also, go to your folder options and enable "show hidden files" and make sure all the files on the CD copies over to the C Drive.

there should be some hidden ".dll" files there that should pick up as a suspicious file...so turning off your defenses is a must...and to be safe, I advise taking your pc offline till you done with the installation processThumbs

14-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Good day gents!

I managed to get a copy of Rheingold v3.44.10.
reason being, i am using an old XP laptop to code.
So here is the situation. The laptop hdd is an 80gig that is split into two partitions. a 30odd gig for C/windows and then a D with 40odd gig for data.

So i installed Mike's easy tools 2.12 i think, and all that jazz works.
Inpa, tool32, ncs expert/dummy, etc all work. This has been installed onto the C Drive.

As you have probably realised, my C drive is now full or does not have enough space for Rheingold, the Daten files for E89 are so darn big. faaaark. so thats also eating into the C.
What i did was i installed the Rheingold onto the D drive.
in the folder, there was a Launcher for the ISTAGUI, i clicked that and asked me some crap about selecting a monitor. Then i went to the bin folder i think where the actual instagui is. clicked that and got a windows error.

can Rheingold work in the manner i am trying to get it to work? is there something i can do? thanks!
14-06-2019, 11:49 AM
busy downloading version 4.17 of ISTA-D

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content