Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My 330d, 2011 e90 LCI
This is my first showroom post and hopefully not the last haha.

I've always been a secret admirer of the 330d, ever since a young boy when my uncle took me for a drive in his e46 330d. Back then, my only recollection was wondering why I was being surged into my seat the whole time during that drive; it felt like a roller coaster.

Fast forward a few years , ok quite a few years, and I've been blessed to own a fair share of cars in the forms of hatchbacks, hot hatches, m135i's (still one of my all time favourites) and recently my first responsible vehicle, the X3 (well, actually my wfies car now!). 

After selling my wife's Mini (also an amazing car in its own right) and downscaling to one vehicle since lockdown (working from home), and subsequently since being notified that I'll be returning to work in a few months, I've been looking for a fun, reliable and good value vehicle. 

After speaking with Llew and the Botha bro's (Ferdi and Schalk), I had an idea of what I should be looking at. It came down to a Z4, m135i (manual), Civic Type R and a 330d. After further introspection and a few test drives, I knew it could only be one vehicle, which best fitted the opportunity that became available. 

The search for the 330d lci heightened. I can appreciate why these cars, in decent condition and spec, are so hard to obtain. There were literally only a handful around in the last 2 months, which were in a good condition, spec and respectable mileage. These cars can seem overpriced, but, if they've been serviced and cared for by meticulous owners, it's worth it. Hence, more important than mileage and price, I was looking for a car that had exceptional service history. 

After many guys messing me around, I eventually found a good example, which was well looked after and had the spec which I liked. When test driving the car, I knew within the first 10 seconds that this was it.

Presenting my 2011 E90 330d lci, in space grey. It's an msport auto, with 164000km at time of purchase. It's got front and rear PDC, electric seats, pro navigation and a sunroof. 
I would've appreciated Bluetooth music, and foldable rear seats, but can manage without those. The car is stock, currently Wink 

The drive is supreme. It's so smooth and pulls very nicely. There's not much turbo lag at all, and you get that initial jerk when just tapping the throttle which I love. I also like that there's no comfort, eco pro, sport modes etc. The vehicle drives as it's meant to be, all the time. 

I was hoping to take her out on her first road trip to Clarens this past weekend, but I couldn't find a space saver tyre in time (the car has non runflats). I ended up using the X3, which I'm glad I did, in hindsight and which was a treat. 

Anyway, here are a few initial pics. Will post a few more picturesque ones when she's cleaned up properly (rained the first day I got her haha). 

A heartfelt thanks to the Botha bro's (Ferdi and Schalk) who have been really helpful to me, at all times of the day , in making this decision. They own 330d's themselves and were able to help me avoid some lemons and passed on advice regarding maintenance and spec. Seeing that whatsapp video of Ferdi's 330d annihilate an M4 inspired me and helped me make up my mind even faster! 

Special thanks to Llew for also providing me with guidance and help; I still have my eye on that Type R (even more rare to find!), which hopefully will be next, bru Bluebiggrin 

Awesome car bud!

Wishing you many miles of smiles with your tractor.. Looking forward to the mods!
The following 1 user Likes KPM3_30's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats on the car.. wishing you many happy km's
'13 E82 Coupe 135 - Weekend Toy
'03 Audi A4 2.0 - Daily
Visit our Webstore - Click Here
Instagram - Click Here
The following 1 user Likes Danny@DSCmotorsport's post:
  • Z4Guy
Really nice car bud. Wishing you many safe journeys and lots of smiles
Current:
2011 BMW E90 330d M-Sport - 230kw - 700Nm
2012 Peugeot 208 Active 1.2
The following 1 user Likes EthanJappie's post:
  • Z4Guy
Real beauty. Looks super clean.
The following 1 user Likes yush1's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats bud!

I'm glad all the effort and searching finally paid off.

Now you have a very clean example

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Current:
[Image: b9c18a57-ca4d-430a-99f0-9f988a1b65a4_4874188881.jpeg]
Daily: Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport
SO: F20 120d

Previous:
E46 320d
Yamaha R1
Suzuki GSX-R 400
The following 2 users Like FerdiBotha's post:
  • EBZ911, Z4Guy
Congrats dude, looks very neat!
Current:
Nike Air Force 1 React

Ex:
F25 X3 2.0d ,Alfa Romeo GT 3.2F20 M135iE90 M3 Dynamic LCi, '11 BMW E90 320d MSport, '09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive, '03 BMW E46 330i Individual, '02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
The following 1 user Likes Kyle's post:
  • Z4Guy
Beauty, I always loved Space grey, perfect colour on the E90
Current:
2014 BMW F30 330d Msport - A/T - Alpine White
2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe E86 - Black Sapphire Metallic

Previous:
1994 VW Golf Mk3 GTi -
2005 BMW 118i Black Sapphire Metallic
2008 BMW 120i M-Sport Space Grey
2011 BMW E90 LCI 320d Msport - A/T Alpine White
2006 BMW E86 Z4 3.0Si Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic  - Manual
The following 1 user Likes momo1's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats bud!
Current:
2011 Merc C180 BE Avantgarde A/T
2016 Honda BRV 1.5 Comfort
2010 Hyundai Getz 1.4
EX:
2011 E90 BMW 323i Innovation Model|2003 E46 BMW 320i Steptronic|2015 Honda Mobilio 1.5 Comfort|2006 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic B6|2005 VW Polo 2.0 Highline|2001 Audi A4 1.8T B5|2002 Opel Astra 2.0 CDE
The following 1 user Likes CK4LIFE's post:
  • Z4Guy
Nice one bru please take good care of her so i can buy her from you in two years.... lol
Current: 1996 E36 328i
The following 1 user Likes Raidillon's post:
  • Z4Guy
Wow so nice and clean. Wish you many happy miles and smiles.
The following 1 user Likes Phat01's post:
  • Z4Guy
Nice, the exact spec I'm STILL searching for! Congrats and wishing you many happy miles
/o(O)(O)\(|||||)(|||||)/(O)(O)o\
The following 1 user Likes KingKalie's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats.  Bravo
[Image: webp.net-resizeimage_8774049081.jpg]
2010 BMW 320d e90 Dynamic Edition
The following 1 user Likes Diesel's post:
  • Z4Guy
Lovely car buddy. Enjoy.... still miss mine every single day since selling a year ago... same colour as yours so brings back lots of fond memories. Amazing car... irreplaceable
The following 1 user Likes JOSH.B.M.W's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats. Looks very clean.

Any idea where we can see this M4 video? Fencelook
Current: F10 520D M Sport
Current: Audi A4 B8.5 1.8T
[Image: untitled_9152490617.jpg]
Ex: E92 325i M LCI
Ex: E90 323i Exclusive LCI
Ex: E90 320i Individual LCI
The following 2 users Like SubLoaded's post:
  • cRed001, Z4Guy
Congrats man.. I'm glad you finally found what you were looking for.. This is clean! Happy driving
Current: 
Titanium Silver 2010 330d E90 Auto (daily) 
Titanium Silver 2007 335i E92 Manual (weekender)
Silver grey 2012 2.0d X1 Auto (hers)

The following 1 user Likes maleven-GP's post:
  • Z4Guy
Congrats bud, looks VERY neat!
Current:
2013 EB BMW M135i F20 - DP, K&N Filter, Xcede Stage 2 - 264wkw/635wnm
2016 Ice White Hyundai ix35 R2.0 CRDi Elite -
2008 Silverbird Grey VW Polo 1.4i Trendline

Gone but never forgotten:
2011 Mercedes-Benz C250 CDi BE Avantgarde - Madness Tuned
2010 Titanium Silver BMW 320d Exclusive E90 LCi - Chiplogic Tuned
2008 Stratosgrau Stratos Grey BMW 320i Individual E90
The following 1 user Likes AshG108's post:
  • Z4Guy
(08-09-2020, 09:05 AM)Z4Guy Wrote: This is my first showroom post and hopefully not the last haha.

I've always been a secret admirer of the 330d, ever since a young boy when my uncle took me for a drive in his e46 330d. Back then, my only recollection was wondering why I was being surged into my seat the whole time during that drive; it felt like a roller coaster.

Fast forward a few years , ok quite a few years, and I've been blessed to own a fair share of cars in the forms of hatchbacks, hot hatches, m135i's (still one of my all time favourites) and recently my first responsible vehicle, the X3 (well, actually my wfies car now!). 

After selling my wife's Mini (also an amazing car in its own right) and downscaling to one vehicle since lockdown (working from home), and subsequently since being notified that I'll be returning to work in a few months, I've been looking for a fun, reliable and good value vehicle. 

After speaking with Llew and the Botha bro's (Ferdi and Schalk), I had an idea of what I should be looking at. It came down to a Z4, m135i (manual), Civic Type R and a 330d. After further introspection and a few test drives, I knew it could only be one vehicle, which best fitted the opportunity that became available. 

The search for the 330d lci heightened. I can appreciate why these cars, in decent condition and spec, are so hard to obtain. There were literally only a handful around in the last 2 months, which were in a good condition, spec and respectable mileage. These cars can seem overpriced, but, if they've been serviced and cared for by meticulous owners, it's worth it. Hence, more important than mileage and price, I was looking for a car that had exceptional service history. 

After many guys messing me around, I eventually found a good example, which was well looked after and had the spec which I liked. When test driving the car, I knew within the first 10 seconds that this was it.

Presenting my 2011 E90 330d lci, in space grey. It's an msport auto, with 164000km at time of purchase. It's got front and rear PDC, electric seats, pro navigation and a sunroof. 
I would've appreciated Bluetooth music, and foldable rear seats, but can manage without those. The car is stock, currently Wink 

The drive is supreme. It's so smooth and pulls very nicely. There's not much turbo lag at all, and you get that initial jerk when just tapping the throttle which I love. I also like that there's no comfort, eco pro, sport modes etc. The vehicle drives as it's meant to be, all the time. 

I was hoping to take her out on her first road trip to Clarens this past weekend, but I couldn't find a space saver tyre in time (the car has non runflats). I ended up using the X3, which I'm glad I did, in hindsight and which was a treat. 

Anyway, here are a few initial pics. Will post a few more picturesque ones when she's cleaned up properly (rained the first day I got her haha). 

A heartfelt thanks to the Botha bro's (Ferdi and Schalk) who have been really helpful to me, at all times of the day , in making this decision. They own 330d's themselves and were able to help me avoid some lemons and passed on advice regarding maintenance and spec. Seeing that whatsapp video of Ferdi's 330d annihilate an M4 inspired me and helped me make up my mind even faster! 

Special thanks to Llew for also providing me with guidance and help; I still have my eye on that Type R (even more rare to find!), which hopefully will be next, bru Bluebiggrin 
Congrats
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes Mamboza's post:
  • Z4Guy
Beautiful machine
Plenty of torque
Super clean
Thumbs