Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E90 320d ABS wheel speed sensor
Howzit guys,

Has anyone replaced this part before? I called BMW and their quote is quite ridiculous. Anywhere else I could probably get it cheaper?

Thanks
Current: 1998 BMW M3
2012 E90 320d Msport
Ex: Astra Coupe Turbo
Ex: Honda civic Vtec
have you tried to clean the sensor first? is your traction control staying off in conjuction with a warning light on the dash? did you change your wheels recently also because if your alignment is heavily off, it will also contribute to the above two issues i mentioned
I haven't tried cleaning it. I did replace the front tyres recently, the alignment is perfect.

The ABS, traction light etc comes on once a week or so only on startup as soon as the car is in motion it switches off.

I also noticed that on really uneven bumpy roads the gearbox (auto) goes wonky and sometimes goes into limp mode and from what I read this could also be related to this sensor. Switch off, start up again and all is normal.
2012 E90 320d Msport
I've changed this on an e93. Very simple to do. I used a German replacement part from Goldwagen.
(13-07-2020, 07:45 PM)DONPRO Wrote: I've changed this on an e93. Very simple to do. I used a German replacement part from Goldwagen.

Howzit man, did you experience the same issues that I am experiencing?
2012 E90 320d Msport
(07-07-2020, 09:16 AM)Coupe Turbo GP Wrote: Howzit guys,

Has anyone replaced this part before? I called BMW and their quote is quite ridiculous. Anywhere else I could probably get it cheaper?

Thanks
Did BMW quote the part and labour to install it?
I'd try Goldwagen, Midas and maybe another BMW dealership. The sensor itself (front or rear) is easy enough to fit with the respectful wheel off, it has one bolt holding it into the wheel bearing housing and one plug to disconnect.
Also consider having the error codes cleared once it's replaced.
Tomorrow never stays and yesterday is just a page in the book of life.
Do and enjoy what you wish!

Ex - Formula M C Class
Ex - Formula M B Class
Ex - OPEL Corsa (B) GSi  > 1994
Ex - MAZDA Rustler 2.0L FE3 > 1997
Ex - FORD Bantam 1.6 XLE Rocam > 2008
Ex - BMW E36 328i Cabriolet  > 1998
Ex - OPEL Kadett E 2.0L (not a baby or superboss) > 1985
Ex - BMW E46 M3 Coupe MT6 > 2001
Ex - MAZDA 3 MPS MK1 > 2007

Ex - BMW E82 135i Coupe MT6 > 2008
Current - FORD T6 Ranger 2.2 XLS > 2013