Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did the Gupta's do state capture?
16-02-2020, 01:32 PM,
RE: How did the Gupta's do state capture?
(16-02-2020, 08:38 AM)TurboLlew Wrote:
(15-02-2020, 12:02 PM)GravityLee Wrote:
(13-02-2020, 11:30 AM)TurboLlew Wrote: You then have these absolute morons (I am on the Kyalami Groups) that also guilt trip each other into encouraging this behaviour. A guy in an R8 didn't have money and (when you are in highly identifiable cars) it doesn't matter that you don't have change - he was forced to give a beggar (car guard) R50... and he STILL got reported... you should have read the comments...

Now what happens? If I am in the 4C or M5 you can be labeled many things if you are eg: on a call and don't acknowledge a beggar and one of these social justice warriors records video... I have to buy a coke or something as I am leaving the store (since who the hell carries around cash anymore?) This kind of behaviour is VERY damaging and can end up affecting your job, your family, your standing in the community and religious institutions etc. Another tax... this time imposed by SJWs. None of this is normal.

Llew, what do you mean by the above? I've never heard of it and it sounds ludicrous, frankly.

I've never given any money to beggars/car guards, and I've never had my car damaged. Definitely have never been publicly shamed, but would love to see how that would play out.

There are a number of very people across whatsapp groups and the neighborhood groups on facebook. There are a few on the security groups as well. These people really have nothing better to do and take it upon themselves to ensure everyone conforms to their ideal reality... one of these 'checks' is paying car guards and beggars what they feel is 'right'. It is not even enough that you give "something" Some group admins delete these and others encourage them.

@Nikhil is on a few of these groups with me and has seen them I am sure. If you are in a nice car, god help you.

They will take pics of your car... they will find your facebook profile... they will find out your number... they will write very colourful stories about what they think they see. They do this not knowing whether you normally actually pay car guards or not... the hate inside them is great enough that they want to actively ruin someone's life with lies and misrepresentation.

One went on a tirade about how you shouldn't just give R5 to a beggar if you're in an expensive car (but of course if you're in a Nissan Micra but live in the equestrian estate with R20M+ houses you're exempt from this 'rule'). People joined in about how car guards have to pay shopping centres to be on the premises and into great detail about how it somehow COSTS car guards money to work at the shopping centre. Now this (being Kyalami) is horseshit because maybe you don't have change but another dude is giving R10 and a car guard (from Carte Blanche a few years back) earns more than some of you reading this in higher income areas.

I say 'earn' but reality is they are beggars. My hairdresser at Kyalami on main told me about 3 occasions last year where there were incidents and every car guard (and centre security) literally disappeared as it was happening and reappeared afterwards... definitely a service worth R50 for 15 minutes... My dentist has also moved from that centre as clients no longer wanted to go there.

Of course one of these guys who has enough time to take pics of cars not paying people has enough time to get the details of this from the car guards together with their life stories... These folks taking pics and making up stories HATE that you're in a nice car, HATE that you have to also live around them and will find any way to mess up your day or worse. This is an easy way because there are results every time... and you see the REAL mentality of your neighbors... even if the admin deletes posts eventually. We have also been conditioned to feel bad to have nice things... and this feeds into this toxic situation as well.

It doesn't matter if you're donating R200K a year to feeding kids, you're fair game for these muppets...

Of course this now has a knock on effect with guards and beggars expecting more and more and getting aggressive if you give nothing or 'too little'. I am not kidding when I am telling you my personal experience has been eg: followed into a shop by a beggar and asked to buy food... and not cheap food - security does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If I then sought out security and asked them to do something I would still have to see this beggar every day of my life as every other apologist in the area is forking out money to him so he won't leave. If he does something and is removed by the police, then there will be another of these SJWs taking pics and making up a story about how the police are stealing his livelihood. I would rather just not go there anymore than get into this exhausting situation. These people have the time... I don't.

I have also been asked by beggars to make a plan and stop at the ATM across the road. I am sure I've had my turn of being shamed on some of these groups that I am not on.

You can find the same smug faux-activist sentiment at the core of that absurd movement in December where people were tipping wait staff 100% and then posting it on Facebook. Then it wasn't enough that people were tipping 100%, some went further and started tipping even more... I am also 99% sure they were not ACTUALLY tipping that much and just doing it for social media...

This is also area-specific, but God help you if you go within 5m of a horse... There was one incident where a rider lost control of the horse and it randomly bolted onto the road. Rational people were saying well there isn't anything the driver could have done because the horse literally ran out of nowhere at pace... These comments were actually getting deleted. It became about the car driver speeding, looking at his cellphone, a horrible piece of human filth who didn't care about gentle horses (despite the rider saying IN THE POST that something spooked the horse and he had no idea what). THEN another of these morons posts in this same thread that as part of a prior incident her poor friend was sued by the BMW driver who was heartless and cruel as she had lost her poor 'baby'... Now if you were a road user who had a horse bolt in front of you and you had hit it and damaged your car, you would claim from your insurer. The insurer would then investigate and sue the other party. This is normal... Don't even try to get into that argument - you hit a horse so you shouldn't be claiming from your insurance it seems...

See, the Kyalami Ninjas are not the only crazy part about living here!
Yoh...such childish behavior from the Ninjas

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

[Image: signature_2082411609.jpg] - - - - - - - - - - [Image: 120d%20avatar_6603350746.jpg]

[Image: bmw-official-events-signature_8286350658.jpg]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2020, 06:22 PM,
Kyalami sounds like a kak area...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
17-02-2020, 11:09 AM,
The level of commentary here is next level. These are well thought out comments from people showing signs of strong intelligence and not Twitter antics.

Just surprised about Kyalami, thought it was.... BETTER

If you are interested in something, No matter what it is
Go at it full speed
Embrace it with both arms
Love it
Live it
Be it
Above all become passionate about it
17-02-2020, 11:19 AM,
I think you find these guys everywhere to be honest... I do enjoy living here generally

[Image: UeSEkVrl.jpg?1]
17-02-2020, 12:29 PM,
@TurboLlew, I find it pretty alarming that you need to put up with this at all. Maybe it's my Durban breed but I would have given the admin and/or all parties involved a massive P.K or similar for this.

If my car gets damaged because I didn't pay the guard an "appropriate fee", then my frustration would be taken out on him and I wouldn't look for monetary compensation.. Car guards are legal beggars and as the old adage goes, "beggars can't be choosers".

My money = my choice.. Everyone else that has an opinion on how I spend my money can G.T.F.O.

The following 3 users Like KPM_330's post:
Rory, SubLoaded, Tinuva
17-02-2020, 12:33 PM,
i would print some notes and make it rain when i go to the stores

CURRENT: BMW E36 M3 Coupe PROJECT...plan.. 18" EwingEquips & TURBO
CURRENT: BMW 330i individual..Arizona Sun on 19's
CURRENT: DATSUN PB210 aka BIN aka "Z" Coupe 2L on EwingEmotions
CURRENT: AUDI A5 on 20" Concavos
CURRENT: Rothmans VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
CURRENT: Repsol VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
EX: BMW 330i, BMW 330i, Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vogue, FORD XR6 & RS Turbo, OPEL Monza 200iCD16V, Toyota GLi Exec, VTEC, ALFA Giulietta & GT Junior stepnose, a few mingers
17-02-2020, 01:36 PM,
Example of the one I mentioned:

[Image: NFnwp00l.png]

You have to choose your words carefully when you respond or else your post will be deleted or you will have people start attacking you... Interestingly enough I have blocked so many people that out of 51 comments, I only have 21 viewable LOL

17-02-2020, 02:01 PM,
R50 for a car guard...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
17-02-2020, 03:28 PM,
maybe if the kyalami k*nts didnt give their money away, they could also drive an R8.
LOL
17-02-2020, 03:55 PM,
Anyway to bring this conversation back to the original topic, the way we treat each other has changed materially... the judgement... the hate... the shaming... the lack of respect or understanding and the sentiment/attitude

The following 2 users Like TurboLlew's post:
Bmw.wp, FiRi@Rennzport
18-02-2020, 01:04 PM,
(17-02-2020, 03:55 PM)TurboLlew Wrote: Anyway to bring this conversation back to the original topic, the way we treat each other has changed materially... the judgement... the hate... the shaming... the lack of respect or understanding and the sentiment/attitude

I had a good laugh at the post by the pearl-clutcher above.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that the way we treat each other has changed, the sociopaths like that one have always existed. The difference is that before they would be restricted to their own echo chamber (usually HOA gatherings once a year and the like), now they have an amplifier via the social networks (FB, Whatsapp groups) where normal people are exposed to the extent of their lunacy.

My take on that is that all these "community" groups (FB, whatsapp etc) add zero value, regardless whether their intent is safety, information sharing - they always devolve into this kind of thing. It significantly reduces one's anxiety, feeling of doom and gloom, and other negative feelings by simply not being exposed to any of them. Once you get over the FOMO, that is.
The following 1 user Likes GravityLee's post:
Tinuva