Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
12-10-2019, 02:01 AM
RE: e60 fans
hiya graan13

Which E60 is yours ?, I see it has the M-Sport kit like I too have

On the battery topic
at one stage when I was struggling to make "ends meet", I too couldn't afford the price of a new battery.
I did a lot of YouTube research into trying to rejuvinate a battery that has built up too much "scale" internally between the plates, which then seems to short out the plates, essentially causing a dud cell

Yes it will trickle charge to the nominal 12.7 volts, but just cannot hold any load
I tried all the various Youtube "tricks and tips" of flushing out the battery to try and reduce the scale that is causing the short circuit (dead cell), but in the end, all I did was buy myself another week or two. Eventually I had to bite the bullet and get myself a new battery.

and winter times are always brutal on battery life, any battery already in a degraded stage of life, when the winter season starts, normally doesnt emerge out of the winter period anymore.

The last new battery I purchased was late 2016 (658 I think) and I paid around R700 for it back then
Shocked that the price has escalleted to over RK by now (3 years later)

/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\

https://www.facebook.com/ralf.t.schulz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2019, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2019 11:20 AM by graan13.)
HI Enrico,
Thanks for the compliments, appreciated. Regarding your grills, I would typically be interested as they are very hard to find locally, however I am not working and cash is tight so need to get the battery sorted first. How much were you looking for for them?

HI Ralf,

Thanks for your input. I took the battery to Willard to be checked and they had it on charge for two days to try and see what would happen but essentially it has 3 dead cells - so it charges up but will not handle any load as you mentioned, so a new batt it is going to have to be. Yeah, battery prices have climbed to silly levels - the cheapest I can find is just over 2k from Willard (658), but they did recommend rather to use the Exide version as it has a stronger/higher CCA.

[Image: my m5_3866542591.jpg]
The senior King - Simply, the best!!!
You are missed.......
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2019, 12:20 PM
if @graan13 is not taking the grills, I might be interested...

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Current Rides
2007 530d MSport (DP, 76mm exhaust, RK Motion tune, OEM M6 wheels)
2012 X1 2.0D MSport
1996 200 Si Camry
[Image: photo from sashchern_5592516823.jpg]
15-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Price on the grills please.

16-10-2019, 04:23 PM
e60 fans