Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
BMW Black Oil Specials
07-10-2019, 10:03 AM
thumbup BMW Black Oil Specials
Hi Guys

Anyone have a view on the below offer from BMW ?

My car goes out of plan end of this month and would like to take this offer for the oil package and benefit from the BMW on call option as well.

I have the FNB roadside assistance, but if I look at the benefits,Im not convinced that if im stuck on the side of the road further than 100km from home that they will get my car to the nearest dealer without any cost to me

check this out and let me know what you think
BMW Oil Package
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: BMW Black Oil Specials
This sounds interesting. I suppose it will largely depend on the mileage you do because its either two years or three oil services, whichever comes first. If you're going to do three services in 2 years then its definitely worth it.

Wrt BMW on call, most insurance providers also offers comprehensive roadside assist. So check with yours...

[Image: untitled_8179800775.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes NtandoN's post:
Kyle
07-10-2019, 01:47 PM
I have a buddy at BMW SA, and let the guys know on anther thread of this service a while back.

It is actually 3 services (not limited to 2 years) and 2 years of oncall roadside assist if you opt for the oncall.

That's what I confirmed with him - so you get 3 services for the price. I did the math, if you work out R2999 for 3 services on a 320i, thats R999 per service, which is almost the same as buying the oil and filter and doing it at an Indy.
07-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Not really worthwhile...

Current:
M135i F20 Estoril Blue 6MT - Weekend Warrior
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport - Daily

SO:
320d F30 MSport Alpine White 8sp A/T
Gone but not forgotten:
Peugeot 207 HDi 1.6 HDi
Honda Civic Type R FN2 NHB

My Build Thread: M135i
07-10-2019, 02:10 PM
(07-10-2019 01:47 PM)Dragonman Wrote:  I have a buddy at BMW SA, and let the guys know on anther thread of this service a while back.

It is actually 3 services (not limited to 2 years) and 2 years of oncall roadside assist if you opt for the oncall.

That's what I confirmed with him - so you get 3 services for the price. I did the math, if you work out R2999 for 3 services on a 320i, thats R999 per service, which is almost the same as buying the oil and filter and doing it at an Indy.

Dealers do oil service specials yearly...so I don't see the need to this...personally

I serviced my 320i at SMG last week...for R999 Thumbs

[Image: webp.net-compress-image (3)_4062250708.jpg]
07-10-2019, 02:18 PM
My take is it beats inflation... as the dealer specials started a few years ago at R599! So who knows whee it goes in the next years.
07-10-2019, 03:10 PM
It specifically states that the oil service price is locked-in for two years and limited to three services during that time Iono But maybe because it's dealer-based they can sweeten the deal in certain ways.

[Image: untitled_8179800775.jpg]
07-10-2019, 03:40 PM
According to the BMW oil change interval and depending on when you opt for this you might only get one oil change in this period. It definitely not for the average guy. I think this is targeted towards car doing more km's than average.

Current:
M135i F20 Estoril Blue 6MT - Weekend Warrior
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport - Daily

SO:
320d F30 MSport Alpine White 8sp A/T
Gone but not forgotten:
Peugeot 207 HDi 1.6 HDi
Honda Civic Type R FN2 NHB

My Build Thread: M135i
07-10-2019, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2019 11:02 PM by Twinz.)
Buy the oil & filter kit when needed and DIY
Thumbs

[Image: twinzsig_5365414051.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The following 2 users Like Twinz's post:
Beemerbro, PLV
08-10-2019, 12:15 AM
I would stay well away from that thing tbh. It's cheaper on DIY or an Indy shop. It's just an oil and filter change after all.
They will also tie you down to having the oil change according to the onboard computer recommendations, which, as any BMW owner knows should never be trusted if you want longer more reliable engine life. Shorten your oil changes to between 7k- 15.000 km services max depending on usage, town or motorway driving, load and weather conditions. The onboard computer will strecth the oil change intervals way past this point, which is destructive, despite what BMW tells us
The following 1 user Likes Beemerbro's post:
Kyle
08-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Essentially, as you have paid for 3 oil services, you have the right to elect to have all 3, so I confirmed you can elect to service as you see fit. It isn't limited to CBS as far as I understand. Obviously, going over is silly.
The following 1 user Likes Dragonman's post:
Beemerbro
08-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Actually if u dont use the 3 oil services in 2 years it carrys onto the 3rd year
The following 1 user Likes Michael335i's post:
Beemerbro
09-10-2019, 10:27 PM
then it's probably a good deal if you don't want to get your hands dirty to save a few bobThumbs

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content