[Image: screenshot_20191003_215108_2988844340.jpg]

As promisedThumbs
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 6 users Like Alex@Madnessmotorsport's post:
KPM_330, Riaad, Silverbird_96kw, SubLoaded, Tareeq, Yulz9081
04-10-2019, 08:23 AM,
RE: My Space Grey E90 320d LCI Exclusive
@Alex@Madnessmotorsport

So essentially stage 2 and 3 is the same when in "D" ?

Does one get launch control in stage 2 and 3?Fencelook

[Image: webp.net-compress-image%20(3)_4062250708.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Riaad's post:
Alex@Madnessmotorsport
04-10-2019, 08:35 AM,
Yes, D stays pretty much the same. Sharper and quicker though.

you dont get Launch Control as such, you still need to brake boost but the app allows you to set the torque limit in 1st gear on the 6hp to reduce wheelspin.

On the 8hp it allows you to set the pre launch torque, and when moving you can set the post launch torque higher again.

[Image: screenshot_20191004_083230_xhp.pro.andro...986641.jpg] 6HP
[Image: screenshot_20191004_083309_xhp.pro.andro...243902.jpg] 8HP
The following 1 user Likes Alex@Madnessmotorsport's post:
Tareeq
25-03-2020, 01:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-03-2020, 06:36 AM by KPM_330.)
Can’t believe that its been almost 6 months since the last update.. Most of my attention and funds have been focused on maintenance, as I wanted to make sure the car was 100% mechanically before moving onto modifications. With the December holidays, my car budget had to be shelved as planning a trip to the USA over the festive period is another huge cost to bear, so I had decided to spend my money ‘wisely’ and make the most of my trip. A shot of my wheels in the US, yes it’s a minivan, but a 3.6L V6 with 215kw on tap – more than ample for this car, especially on the highway getting up to speeds, haha.

[Image: chrysler_453826660.jpeg]

Shortly after my last update, I had booked the car into the workshop to have the vibration dampener + bolts replaced, as I know these have a finite lifespan limited to around 150k. Upon visual inspection my dampener looked fine, there were the usual fine cracks around the rubber portion but it still seemed like it had another few thousand to go. Decided to just have it changed whilst the car was in the shop and BMW had the special on the dampener. Thankfully I did, it seems that there was some play which caused a slight wobble when in operation. At the same time I had an incessant ticking noise emanating from the engine bay, which would worsen when load was placed on the system, by switching on the aircon. After some investigation the old school way, it turned out to be the tensioner. Decided to prioritize the dampener and leave the tensioner for the New Year along with the annual service, seeing as though it was still functioning apart from the ticking noise.

[Image: whatsapp%20image%202020-03-25%20at%2013.25.23%20(1...71744.jpeg]

[Image: whatsapp%20image%202020-03-25%20at%2013.34.35_7626505862.jpeg]

In November I had taken advantage of the Black Friday special that Xcede Performance had for software and decided to have the car flashed by a tuning company I have always revered. I had made arrangements to have the car read when I returned from my trip in Jan, as the weeks leading up to the December holidays were a bit crazy. Once the device was hooked up to the car, it turns out that communication couldn’t be established between the device and the car. The Durban agent mentioned that sometimes the only option is bench-flashing, in rarer cases like these. Unfortunately for me, the Black Friday special only applied to OBD flashes and bench-flashing was an additional cost given the labour involved. I picked up the conversation with Sherwin shortly after and I was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned that even though the special didn’t apply to bench-flashing, he would be willing to bench flash the car for me at no additional cost. This is also the reason I will not look at another tuning company outside of Xcede, I have heard many horror stories of tuners being in it only for financial gain or just avoiding customers calls/messages at will. This for me is a stellar example of customer service and a tuner going the extra mile for no real benefit to themselves.

Given the tensioner issue I had mentioned earlier, I made arrangements to have the ECU removed and sent up to JHB for the bench flashing to be completed. Big ups and massive respect for @S1NGH911 for all his help and assistance during the process, especially for collecting the ECU from me and safely getting it to Sherwin, with constant communication. A few days later, the ECU was flashed and ready to head back down to Dbn via another forumite, @JodyD – Thanks bro! At the same time, we had a good meet-up with a few of the Durban gents and the 330i got to stretch its legs a bit. This just goes to show that the forum is more like a community than most would like to think.

[Image: meet%20up_8906745178.jpeg]

My ask was simple, a stage 2 file with EGR + DPF off and open vains. The file was not intended to break any 20d records and prioritized reliability, a bit of an oxymoron but hey.. Once the ECU was back in and the car started, the open vains were immediately audible. Upon driving the first few kilometers, I was underwhelmed but was told that E series diesel ECU’s are older and require some time for adaptation. After about 15km, I have to say the power was most definitely noticeable and the car felt a lot stronger. I’ve since covered a few hundred kilometers and the car feels amazing, the punch that was needed when overtaking is most certainly there and the car pulls strongly to high speeds. Fuel consumption has decreased as well by around a litre on the open road but its difficult to measure when hooning it, is so much fun.

[Image: wip_3160480768.jpeg]

[Image: fg_7485990954.jpeg]

I’ve covered around 500km and the only downsides so far, the car breaks traction really easily (RIP rear tyres) and my straight-piped diesel is too loud for EVERYONE.. The car sounds guttural at WOT, higher in the rev range and everyone can hear you coming from at least a kilometer or two away. About time to sort out the silencer and make the car sound like a BMW again, once COVID19 allows..

Stay safe everyone Thumbs

The following 1 user Likes KPM_330's post:
JodyD
25-03-2020, 03:38 PM,
RE: My Space Grey E90 320d LCI Exclusive - Xcede Tuned
Nice!

Where exactly is the damper pulley situated and can one easily inspect it without the car being hoisted up?

I am also keen to have some mods done on mine, regarding the software what exactly do you mean by DPF off? My understanding is that the DPF is a physical thing which is part of the exhaust system, only way to get around it is to physically remove it?

EGR I believe can be turned off though via software.

Current: 2010 320D Exclusive A/T
Current: 2006 Kawasaki Z750S
EX: 2014 Audi A4 2.0 TDI Manual
EX: 2012 Kia Picanto 1.2EX Manual
26-03-2020, 09:53 AM,
Nicely done bro, this car has come a long way....looking so damn good. And the Xcede mapping....WOW!!

Dont fit the silencer just yet he he he, enjoy it bru!

Current:
2013 EB BMW M135i F20 - Xcede Tuned - 264wkw/635wnm
2016 Ice White Hyundai ix35 R2.0 CRDi Elite -
2008 Silverbird Grey VW Polo 1.4i Trendline

Gone but never forgotten:
2011 Mercedes-Benz C250 CDi BE Avantgarde - Madness Tuned
2010 Titanium Silver BMW 320d Exclusive E90 LCi - Chiplogic Tuned
2008 Stratosgrau Stratos Grey BMW 320i Individual E90
26-03-2020, 09:54 AM,
Nice update, bro.

Unfortunately the only wobbling this car was gonna give out originated from the dampener...

Tiptoe

Current: F10 520D M Sport
Current: Audi A4 B8.5 1.8T
[Image: untitled_9152490617.jpg]
Ex: E92 325i M LCI
Ex: E90 323i Exclusive LCI
Ex: E90 320i Individual LCI
26-03-2020, 09:58 PM,
(25-03-2020, 03:38 PM)PsyCLown Wrote: Nice!

Where exactly is the damper pulley situated and can one easily inspect it without the car being hoisted up?

I am also keen to have some mods done on mine, regarding the software what exactly do you mean by DPF off? My understanding is that the DPF is a physical thing which is part of the exhaust system, only way to get around it is to physically remove it?

EGR I believe can be turned off though via software.

Look at the pic above and then look for a similar pulley on your car just behind the radiator and fan

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Current Rides
2007 530d MSport (DP, 76mm exhaust, RK Motion tune, OEM M6 wheels)
2012 X1 2.0D MSport
1996 200 Si Camry
[Image: photo%20from%20sashchern_5592516823.jpg]
26-03-2020, 10:00 PM,
(25-03-2020, 01:55 PM)KPM_330 Wrote: Can’t believe that its been almost 6 months since the last update.. Most of my attention and funds have been focused on maintenance, as I wanted to make sure the car was 100% mechanically before moving onto modifications. With the December holidays, my car budget had to be shelved as planning a trip to the USA over the festive period is another huge cost to bear, so I had decided to spend my money ‘wisely’ and make the most of my trip. A shot of my wheels in the US, yes it’s a minivan, but a 3.6L V6 with 215kw on tap – more than ample for this car, especially on the highway getting up to speeds, haha.

[Image: chrysler_453826660.jpeg]

Shortly after my last update, I had booked the car into the workshop to have the vibration dampener + bolts replaced, as I know these have a finite lifespan limited to around 150k. Upon visual inspection my dampener looked fine, there were the usual fine cracks around the rubber portion but it still seemed like it had another few thousand to go. Decided to just have it changed whilst the car was in the shop and BMW had the special on the dampener. Thankfully I did, it seems that there was some play which caused a slight wobble when in operation. At the same time I had an incessant ticking noise emanating from the engine bay, which would worsen when load was placed on the system, by switching on the aircon. After some investigation the old school way, it turned out to be the tensioner. Decided to prioritize the dampener and leave the tensioner for the New Year along with the annual service, seeing as though it was still functioning apart from the ticking noise.

[Image: whatsapp%20image%202020-03-25%20at%2013.25.23%20(1...71744.jpeg]

[Image: whatsapp%20image%202020-03-25%20at%2013.34.35_7626505862.jpeg]

In November I had taken advantage of the Black Friday special that Xcede Performance had for software and decided to have the car flashed by a tuning company I have always revered. I had made arrangements to have the car read when I returned from my trip in Jan, as the weeks leading up to the December holidays were a bit crazy. Once the device was hooked up to the car, it turns out that communication couldn’t be established between the device and the car. The Durban agent mentioned that sometimes the only option is bench-flashing, in rarer cases like these. Unfortunately for me, the Black Friday special only applied to OBD flashes and bench-flashing was an additional cost given the labour involved. I picked up the conversation with Sherwin shortly after and I was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned that even though the special didn’t apply to bench-flashing, he would be willing to bench flash the car for me at no additional cost. This is also the reason I will not look at another tuning company outside of Xcede, I have heard many horror stories of tuners being in it only for financial gain or just avoiding customers calls/messages at will. This for me is a stellar example of customer service and a tuner going the extra mile for no real benefit to themselves.

Given the tensioner issue I had mentioned earlier, I made arrangements to have the ECU removed and sent up to JHB for the bench flashing to be completed. Big ups and massive respect for @S1NGH911 for all his help and assistance during the process, especially for collecting the ECU from me and safely getting it to Sherwin, with constant communication. A few days later, the ECU was flashed and ready to head back down to Dbn via another forumite, @JodyD – Thanks bro! At the same time, we had a good meet-up with a few of the Durban gents and the 330i got to stretch its legs a bit. This just goes to show that the forum is more like a community than most would like to think.

[Image: meet%20up_8906745178.jpeg]

My ask was simple, a stage 2 file with EGR + DPF off and open vains. The file was not intended to break any 20d records and prioritized reliability, a bit of an oxymoron but hey.. Once the ECU was back in and the car started, the open vains were immediately audible. Upon driving the first few kilometers, I was underwhelmed but was told that E series diesel ECU’s are older and require some time for adaptation. After about 15km, I have to say the power was most definitely noticeable and the car felt a lot stronger. I’ve since covered a few hundred kilometers and the car feels amazing, the punch that was needed when overtaking is most certainly there and the car pulls strongly to high speeds. Fuel consumption has decreased as well by around a litre on the open road but its difficult to measure when hooning it, is so much fun.

[Image: wip_3160480768.jpeg]

[Image: fg_7485990954.jpeg]

I’ve covered around 500km and the only downsides so far, the car breaks traction really easily (RIP rear tyres) and my straight-piped diesel is too loud for EVERYONE.. The car sounds guttural at WOT, higher in the rev range and everyone can hear you coming from at least a kilometer or two away. About time to sort out the silencer and make the car sound like a BMW again, once COVID19 allows..

Stay safe everyone Thumbs

Nicely done Kev. Need some videos now.

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Current Rides
2007 530d MSport (DP, 76mm exhaust, RK Motion tune, OEM M6 wheels)
2012 X1 2.0D MSport
1996 200 Si Camry
[Image: photo%20from%20sashchern_5592516823.jpg]