Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arbee's Review of the BMW i3
Most of the introduction will be the same as the i8 review thread.

So, like the i8, the i3 is a hybrid with two options. Mostly dependent on the amount driving one would do. 150km range or the 300km range. Meaning exactly what they say, one would be able to complete 150km on a full battery and the other 300km. Although, the Genius did mention that the ranges are on paper, while on test the 300km i3, managed to complete 260km.

Now, the i3's interior is made from fully recyclable material and its evident in the dashboard. I didn't get any pics but it looks like wood pieces from a kitchen slapped together and on top off a cheap blanket covered piece of plastic... Harsh! Im sorry, that looked like crap. Im all for recycling, but a coat of paint at least to make look BMW worthy!

I will admit, the i3 has that feel for out of the world. Its funny looking and positioned gear lever with start button is enormous and is an eyesore, but its different than any other BMW i have driven. The dual sunroof is a great feature. The interior's space and ease of access is superb. Its normal, would have been awesome if the doors opened by sliding...

The exterior styling is "buggish", my wife said she should have brought doom. Its the kind of style you would expect to hover instead of drive. Still ugly, but i think BMW went the right way...

To start the car, its a 3 step process. Foot on break, press button, press button again. Same to switch off. One step too much i would say and will find myself forgetting to press the button again, ending up in panic.

The drive is excellent, like the i8, its smooth and rapid as well. The accelerator is like an on and off switch. If you let go, the car begins to break, not slow down. Takes some getting used to but i suppose it would work. Oh, and its silent as a bee sting, no synthetics...

I would lean more to having the i3 as a daily, although the price is still not appealing as i would rather spend the 500k on a used M135i or F30 335i. If fuel is a concern, i will opt for a diesel variant in the F20 or F30 model.

[Image: IMG_3264_zpsyt16jgvy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3263_zpsaxknwsw9.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Arbee's post:
  • Divio
And like the i8 it looks like it's trying to push another car out of its arse RoflBiglol

Looks like a nippy little thing.

Interested to see the interior. To the Google machine.
/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\
My thread - sold

Click here to view the network of forums hosted by TheFanatics.co.za | Click here to find out more about advertising on our network of forums | Click here for a list of our current advertisers | Click here for the forum rules and guidelines | Click here and check your region for any past and upcoming events and get-togethers | Click here to find out how to gain ///Member status
The following 1 user Likes ChefDJ's post:
  • Arbee
Nice review Arbee. How many gears does it have by the way?
The following 1 user Likes AlexYannoulatos's post:
  • Arbee
Nice Honest Review, Yaramy Clarksbee

Rofl
[Image: Stretch-_Dajee.jpg]
325Ci | ///M3
StretchForever
The following 2 users Like Divio's post:
  • Arbee, Nick
(01-03-2016, 10:46 AM)AlexYannoulatos Wrote: Nice review Arbee. How many gears does it have by the way?

I didnt actually take note, it was too smooth to notice gear changes.
(01-03-2016, 10:48 AM)Divio@TheFanatics Wrote: Nice Honest Review, Yaramy Clarksbee

Rofl

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
The following 1 user Likes AlexYannoulatos's post:
  • Divio
Thanks Arbee for review. The truth of matter is that this is our future. We can only hope that bmw gets better at building these type of cars and of course hoping for them to be affordable.
Agree with u, at R500k there are better options
Using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes Mamboza's post:
  • Arbee
(01-03-2016, 10:48 AM)Arbee@TheFanatics Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 10:46 AM)AlexYannoulatos Wrote: Nice review Arbee. How many gears does it have by the way?

I didnt actually take note, it was too smooth to notice gear changes.

It has 2; forward and reverse. Bluebiggrin
From the price list.
Quote:Automatic transmission, single speed forward and reverse
I must disagree with the interior opinion on this i3 - I've used it several times at Melrose, while there, and I must say that I love it. Even my girlfriend adores this car (she's not even a car person).

I suppose the i3 is one of those cars that polarises opinions and views, good review nonetheless :coolshake:

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
[Image: photo.jpg]

:Rollsmile:

Nice Honest Review Rofl
The following 1 user Likes R!Yo's post:
  • Divio
Drove in this car to my office. Not bad at all. The power delivery was proper once you put your foot down.
[Image: dsc_0555_2061364362_422563985.jpg]