Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Arbee's Review of the BMW i8
I see the text book professors are out to play here Fencelook

USING A CAR DAILY ON FORZA IS DIFFERENT FROM USING A CAR DAILY IN REAL LIFE Rofl

But seriously though, an i8 as a daily would only make sense in terms of fuel. What about parking it? What about going shopping in it? What about loading more than two people in it? It's all good and well on paper and in dreams, but in reality, where people use actual cars to do actual things, I don't see this as practical...

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
[Image: photo.jpg]

:Rollsmile:

(01-03-2016, 11:11 AM)Fuzz@TheFanatics Wrote: I see the text book professors are out to play here Fencelook

USING A CAR DAILY ON FORZA IS DIFFERENT FROM USING A CAR DAILY IN REAL LIFE Rofl

But seriously though, an i8 as a daily would only make sense in terms of fuel. What about parking it? What about going shopping in it? What about loading more than two people in it? It's all good and well on paper and in dreams, but in reality, where people use actual cars to do actual things, I don't see this as practical...

As a cherry on top of what Fuzz said...

My wife and kid didnt come with on the i8 drive, as the rear seats are not exactly rear seats. If you know what i mean...
The following 1 user Likes Arbee's post:
  • Fuzz*
(01-03-2016, 11:13 AM)Arbee@TheFanatics Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 11:11 AM)Fuzz@TheFanatics Wrote: I see the text book professors are out to play here Fencelook

As a cherry on top of what Fuzz said...

My wife and kid didnt come with on the i8 drive, as the rear seats are not exactly rear seats. If you know what i mean...

A daily waste of time if you ask me.

I love the i8 though, I think it's a car way ahead of its time. Though it does feel that due to all the weight saving involved in engineering this car that you get maybe 90% of everything as opposed to having it all.

[Image: photo.jpg]

:Rollsmile:

Great review. I just feel like like it would be an occasion every time I got in and out of a Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo which isn't much more than this car... Unfortunately the synthesised sound in this car seems to be on a 'fake' level far beyond what the M3/4/5/6 is on where it is just amplified induction noise from the actual motor pumped into the cabin - it isn't to the extent of making it sound TOTALLY different (video below with it enabled and disabled). Everyone is doing it to a different degree with manufacturers having pipes from the airbox into the cabin etc. That is unfortunately what legislation and emissions does... and at least they are all trying something, however distasteful in that regard. However, what is annoying about the i8 is that they make a technologically advanced car and try to make it sound like the things it is destined to replace and with which it has VERY little in common. Dressing up an athlete in a muscle suit... Speakers outside the car to make it sound like a V8 is an epic fail on the level of the guys who fit those exhaust whistles to naturally aspirated cars in the hope of generating a blow off valve sound!

https://youtu.be/tM0xLja4Rt4

It is like some of the new Renaults where you can make the car sound like a V6 in the cabin if you wanted to. Feature can even be enabled on diesels. Unfortunately this appears to be the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZ42A-R_34

i8 makes a statement and as far as these kinds of cars go though I actually like it. Sure version 1.5 will be better.
[Image: w0YM6SYl.png]
The i8 IMHO is a forward thinking sport car. It certainly isn't a daily for me.
F36 435i AT - Build Thread
F82 M4 DCT - Build Thread
F30 340i AT - Build Thread
E89 Z4 35i DCT - Single Turbo Build
E92 335i MT - Single Turbo Build