Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
Dealership praise/horror stories
11-09-2019, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 09:09 AM by Z4Guy.)
RE: Dealership praise/horror stories
Dealer: Sovereign BMW Bloemfontein
Purchased my 120d from there.
After purchasing the car, realized there was a comment on the backdoor; dealer replaced it due to faulty handle. This was disclosed when purchasing so I was fine with it. During a heavy rain soon after purchasing, the back seating area was flooded in. Took it into Sandton Auto, who informed that their workshop didn't do a good job sealing the door. I eventually got myself to look past this. Later on, when trading the car in, I was informed by the evaluator that there was actually paintwork on the rear bumper. So, the car did have some accident history behind it, which wasn't disclosed.

Before trading in (in fact, soon after receiving the car), I noticed and subsequently reported a lot of juddering when driving. Sent it in to Sandton Auto again, and was informed that the car rear tyres were severely buckled. This was the case while the car was with them (as I booked it in shortly after receiving the car, and which I disclosed shortly to the dealer). Dealer kept promising to resolve but never did anything about it. Calls were avoided, management changed and so on. Very kak service.

So yeah, just be careful when dealing with these okes. Not just poor, lemon cars but really shocking service. Only positive was my salesman (Johan) who did his best to assist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2019, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 09:05 AM by MiteshN.)
What recommendation are you looking for? Are you looking to buy, sell or service a car?

With the current dealership on-boarding on the forum of the BMW opposite Mall of Africa, that might be a great all round place to try.

I personally used Autoglen while my car was in MP, and never had an issue, even though my car seemed to live there ever so often during the time, ensuring I had every niggly small bit sorted out, before it came out of MP.

Now that my car is out of MP, I am using an Indy with extensive BMW knowledge to service my car, and have no issues...

What recommendation are you looking for? Are you looking to buy, sell or service a car?

With the current dealership on-boarding on the forum of the BMW opposite Mall of Africa, that might be a great all round place to try.

I personally used Autoglen while my car was in MP, and never had an issue, even though my car seemed to live there ever so often during the time, ensuring I had every niggly small bit sorted out, before it came out of MP.

Now that my car is out of MP, I am using an Indy with extensive BMW knowledge to service my car, and have no issues...
11-09-2019, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 03:54 PM by M3KW.)
(11-09-2019 08:26 AM)Malone Wrote:  Hi

I've always had good experiences with JHB City Auto.

Since my car is now out of plan, I'm using Technospec in Ormonde. Excellent service and very competitive pricing.

Will give them a try next, anyone in particular to ask for? Might need to see Technospec for rod bearings as preventative maintenance.

(11-09-2019 09:02 AM)MiteshN Wrote:  What recommendation are you looking for? Are you looking to buy, sell or service a car?

Service and sales if you have any recommendations. I am currently looking for a very good indi with M experience, stealers getting ridiculous

(11-09-2019 08:26 AM)Malone Wrote:  Hi

I've always had good experiences with JHB City Auto.

Since my car is now out of plan, I'm using Technospec in Ormonde. Excellent service and very competitive pricing.

Will give them a try next, anyone in particular to ask for? Might need to see Technospec for rod bearings as preventative maintenance.

(11-09-2019 09:02 AM)MiteshN Wrote:  What recommendation are you looking for? Are you looking to buy, sell or service a car?

Service and sales if you have any recommendations. I am currently looking for a very good indi with M experience, stealers getting ridiculous
17-09-2019, 09:33 AM
M3KW in which area are you based? I know a brilliant mechanic based in Brackendowns area, but only works privately afterhours.

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content